Melissa is currently a Ph.D. student in the Cognitive Studies in Education program, simultaneously working toward an M.S. in Neuroscience and Education. She graduated from The College of New Jersey with a B.S. in Technology & Engineering Education and a B.A. in Interactive Multimedia. Her research experience includes work on intelligent technologies, STEM learning, gestures for memory and comprehension, student questioning behaviors, and data visualizations. She currently holds Research Assistant positions at Teachers College and at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory.
- Tversky, B., Giardino, V., Jamalian, A., Bradley, M., Chou, J., Kantrowitz, A., Kang, S., Bobek, E., & Noel, A. Thought made visible. Presented at the 7th Conference of the International Society for Gesture Studies. Paris, France (July 2016).
- Giardino, V., Jamalian, A., Bradley, M., Liu, Y., & Tversky, B. Gestures to self promote memory and inference. Presented at the 2016 European Workshop on Imagery and Cognition (EWIC). Paris, France (June 2016).
- Jamalian, A., Giardino, V., Bradley, M., Tversky, B., & Zhao, J. Gestures for self promoting memory and inference. Poster presented at the 2016 Teachers College Psychology Conference. New York, New York (2016).
- Chase, C., Marks, J., Bernett, D., & Bradley, M. Towards the development of an exploratory learning environment: A study of naturalistic teacher guidance of invention. Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED). Madrid, Spain (2015).
- Chase, C., Marks, J., Wille, J., Bradley, M. A naturalistic study of tutor guidance during invention tasks. Poster presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association. Chicago, Illinois (2015).
- Bradley, M., Marks, J., Bernett, D., Aleven, V., Chase, C. Designing an intelligent learning environment for open-ended invention tasks. Poster presented at the 8th Annual Subway Summit on Cognition and Educational Research. New York, New York (2015).
- Bradley, M., Cathell, M.D. Innovative nanofiber filtration materials of the biopolymer alginate for sequestration of dissolved lead from water. Paper presented at the 2012 International Conference on Innovative Technologies. Rijeka, Croatia (2012).
- Bradley, M., Cathell, M.D. Remediation of metal-contaminated drinking water using electrospun alginate nanofibers. Paper presented at the 244th American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition: Materials for Health & Medicine. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (2012).